Intro to American Indian Studies

Summer 2018

Week 2 Blog 2 Sean Shaw

During this week I have started learning more about the life basically of young women and even more on the stereotypes that still go on in the world today that nobody even notices. I found out much more about the way the Americans treated the females, going from rape or just any type of assault in general. In class we had a class speaker who spoke more into depth with everything, I also read up on a specific female named Tina Fontaine. Tina was a indigenous girl who dies in August 2014 in Canada, she was murdered then thrown in the river by the accused Raymond Joseph Cormier. More on the fact and just to add more insult into what Americans have done to the Indians the case was dropped and Raymond was found not guilty. This just proves to the fact that the Americans literally did not care or feel bad about what we did to the Indians and that we still really don’t care. In today’s sports world we have mascots and fans wearing Indian clothing and carrying around tomahawks while being under the influence and acting like idiots without even knowing the damage or anger they are causing the Indians.

Next Post

Previous Post