Intro to American Indian Studies

Summer 2018

Zach Ross Post 2

After watching the film Dakota 38 it shows me once again how cruel the Americans were to the Indians. The video showed that the Indians stuck up for their land and weren’t going to let the United States take it over. I love to see the Indians win something for once. After the US soldiers were dead the Indians would go back and destroy the dead bodies eyes or muscles because they would believe if they did this they would come back in their second life blind or weak. Even though I don’t think this is right to do the Indians probably had so much hate build up they had to let some out after they beat the US.

I also learned that there was one servivor from the US and the only reason he stayed alive is because he was blinded by a gun shot the Indians shot and his horse ran off. I don’t know how much I believe this because some of the story didn’t match up. For example the survivor said he didn’t shoot his horse before he left it, but when they found the dead horse it had a gun shot right threw his head. This makes me believe this didn’t happen.

Next Post

Previous Post