Intro to American Indian Studies

Summer 2018

Joey Ramos week 3 blog 2

In class today we watched the movie 100 years. I was in a state of shock hearing about how much poverty and how much money is being brushed to the side with them. I really can not understand how the government just turns the other way while hundreds of thousands died due to the not giving them enough resources to live off of. Facts about how the first people/ rightful owners of the land we now call America are just dying and having no running water and gas. The amount of money that they are being scammed of is in the millions to millions and they only get around $100. I was unaware of the deep poverty that the Native people live in. I am not saying all live in poverty but most native people have lived without running water and no gas for hot water. Makes me really sad and the good inside of me wants to get up and get out to make a difference and help the native people get back to the world now. It was really cool to see that native lady stand up to the highest of the high and defy all odds and win a good amount of money for her people. It was definitely not enough or the amount they weren’t given but it was a start and hopefully they will get the money they deserve.

Next Post

Previous Post

1 Comment

1. zjross June 29, 2018

I agree that this is mind-blowing how the Native Americans live in such poverty and no one does anything about it. It crazy how we can just let them live with no running water, electricity, and gas. No human being can live like this and should never have to. Even though they didn’t get the money they deserved I’m glad that they got something and hopefully it’s a start to a better life. I would also agree that everyone should make a stand and help out the native people. If we would make this stand we could help out a lot of natives that are in poverty and make their lives easier.