Intro to American Indian Studies

Summer 2018

Jon Hofmann

Hi everyone! My name is Jon Hofmann and I have been living in Iowa for about a year. I am originally from Minnesota and I transferred into the Aerospace Engineering program. Growing up my grandfather would take my brother and I to the airshows in Minnesota.He would take us to learn about the aircraft from different time periods and I was enamored by the different aircraft.  You could say my grandfather introduced me to my second love because lets be honest a boys first love is his mother.

My mother is my biggest role model because she raised my brother and I by herself, worked two jobs, and went to college. So yes, I am a “mamma’s boy” and proud of it. No matter what type of struggles I may be having does not compare to the struggles she had to endure and I have no reason to complain about anything. Eventually my mom got remarried and this lead to the discovery of my third love.

I absolutely love motorcycles and the feeling of freedom from riding on a motorcycle. My step father was a flat track racer and taught my brother and I everything about motorcycles. He first taught us the mechanics of the motorcycle and then later taught my brother and I how to ride. Eventually I became really good at riding motorcycles and started racing at the age of twelve. As I got older I realized I would not have the time to race and I decided riding on the open road would be enough for me.

Next Post

Previous Post